Ideas for Impact
What kinds of churches can we become?
We are starting a new pastor study group and we will read the book Mistakes Leaders Make, by Dave Kraft.
1. Allowing ministry to replace Jesus
2. Allowing comparing to replace contentment
3. Allowing pride to replace humility
4. Allowing pleasing people to replace pleasing God
5. Allowing busyness to replace visioning
6. Allowing financial frugality to replace fearless faith
7. Allowing artificial harmony to replace difficult conflict
8. Allowing perennially hurting people to replace potential hungry leaders
9. Allowing information to replace transformation
10. Allowing control to replace trust
Pray for us as we try to become the best leaders that we can be. Come join us if your schedule allows.
Recently in 2018, our Association helped with four teacher training sessions at one of our local churches. About 30 teachers attended the training. The information we talked about was not new - if you read a book about best teaching practices, the information would be very familiar.
What was different was that, in our training sessions, we allowed time to practice what we were recommending they do when they return to the classrooms where they teach.